This area tells you a little about Our Services:
Spectrum Group is a systems software manufacturer complete with SALES, SUPPORT and TRAINING STAFF; dedicated to providing our CUSTOMERS with the VERY BEST products BACKED BY SUPERIOR Service and Support. We continue to create the MOST ADVANCED and COST EFFECTIVE Systems Software on the market today as part of the SpectrumNET Systems Software Family. Our Software will SAVE you TIME and MONEY…
Our programs are WEB BASED applications that operate via your BROWSER. No more loading programs on computers and establishing network connections. System maintenance costs are virtually eliminated.
SG1 Hosted Support (RECOMMENDED DEPLOYMENT)
Comprehensive Site Based Support (only available to Federally Regulated Deployments)
Standalone Systems (no longer offered)
Software Development Information
E. Data Access
F. Data Backup
License and Support Agreement – The Spectrum Group Approach to Advanced Service and Disaster Tolerance FOR SUBSCRIPTION Users (SG1 Hosted). Licenses are issued for one year. An invoice for the upcoming year is emailed to the customer and is due and payable on or before the DUE DATE.
Support – support is included with the Customers Annual License and Support Subscription. License and Support Subscriptions are required for all deployments. Servers and programs being used are licensed annually for a one year period. Licenses are required for operation, and are renewed within 12 hours of receipt of payment. Payments are due by the end of the first day of the anniversary month (Due Date). Prompt payment will insure uninterrupted service. Systems are licensed to expire, and auto shut down, at 11:59 PM on the DUE DATE. Questions will be answered within 24 hours of a customers email and/or phone call.
SG1 Hosted Support
SG1 Hosted Support – an All Inclusive Support package for customers that use our recommended deployment model where the customers data resides on one of Spectrum Groups servers, and the customer accesses their data over the internet.
Servers and programs being used are licensed annually for a one year period. Licenses are required for operation, and are renewed within 12 hours of receipt of payment. Payments are due by the end of the first day of the anniversary month (Due Date). Prompt payment will insure uninterrupted service. Systems are licensed to expire, and auto shut down, at 11:59 PM on the DUE DATE unless otherwise authorized by the VP of Sales and Customer Support.
With the ALL-INCLUSIVE License and Support Subscription, you get it all! The ALL-INCLUSIVE is automatically in place for Hosted Subscriptions and Site Based Web Appliance Deployments. Here is what you get…
- Emergency Database Repair
- No charge data file repair and reconstruction
- Remote (if available) diagnosis and debug
- No charge for upgrades of the database engine.
- No charge for upgrades to data files.
- Priority response call handling to your urgent technical questions during Technical Support hours (business days from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Time)
- Priority response to technical support inquiries made via email.
- Automatic SpectrumNET software version upgrade releases (KeyNET, WorkNET, ProjectNET, or other Web-Based software)
- Automatic SpectrumNET software maintenance releases.
- Access to the SpectrumNET Customer Resource Libraries detailing all types of tech tips and techniques, and giving you access to our “Known Faults” database.
- A 25% discount on SpectrumNET software training classes for each student.
- Special discounts on additional licenses.
- Special discounts on all other features and Spectrum Group Programs.
A 30% discount on KeyNETTM, WorkNETTM, ProjectNETTM, or other Web-Based training classes for each student.
Special discounts on additional Site or Multiple Key Issue Licenses (MKI).
Special discounts on all other features and Spectrum Group Programs
Access to your system is controlled locally via USER ID and Password. Access is further refined and limited to Privileges granted by local administrator. Because local Administrators access to the database…Spectrum Group assumes no responsibility for the condition or integrity of the data. If Chain of Custody claims may be an issue, we recommend using Subscription (SG1 Hosted), rather than Site-Based, KeyNET applications.
If a customer desires to use the KeyNET program in any environment or configuration other than OUR STANDARD SITE BASED PROPRIETARY WEB-APPLIANCE/SERVER CONFIGURATION, then:
(a) Spectrum Group NEEDS ROOT OR ADMINISTRATIVE ACCESS TO ALL MACHINES INVOLVED IN THE OPERATION OF THE SYSTEM, FOR BOTH THE INSTALLATION PROCEDURE AND ANY SUPPORT PROCEDURES Spectrum Group MAY NEED TO PERFORM. SPECIAL FEES WILL BE ADDED FOR THESE SPECIAL CONFIGURATIONS.
Customers can change the passwords when Spectrum Group has finished with the install and testing, but during the time Spectrum Group is performing work, Spectrum Group requires unrestricted access to the server where C5I is, the server where the backup is, and the server where the database is. Without these things, Spectrum Group WILL NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT. Spectrum Group will not attempt to install or support anything.
(b) NO CUSTOMIZATION OUTSIDE OF OUR STANDARD SITE BASED PROPRIETARY WEB-APPLIANCE/SERVER CONFIGURATION SETUP IS INCLUDED IN THE
INSTALLATION CHARGE. NO SUPPORT OF EXTERNAL SERVERS OR OUR INTERACTION WITH THOSE SERVERS IS INCLUDED IN Spectrum Group SUPPORT FEES.
(c) DUE TO THE SENSITIVE NATURE OF THE DATA CONTAINED IN THE KeyNET PROGRAM, ANY SITE BASED SYSTEM THAT IS NOT TOTALLY CONTAINED OUR STANDARDSITE BASED PROPRIETARY WEB-APPLIANCE/SERVER CONFIGURATION IS NOT RECOMMENDED BY Spectrum Group. OPTIONAL CONFIGURATIONS ARE PROVIDED AT THE CUSTOMERS REQUEST AND ARE PROVIDED AT THE CUSTOMER’S RISK; Spectrum Group ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DATA STORED OUTSIDE OUR STANDARD SITE BASED PROPRIETARY WEB-APPLIANCE/SERVER CONFIGURATION. Spectrum Group WILL CHARGE FOR ANY TIME, ABOVE AND BEYOND THE SERVICE CONTRACT, FOR ANY SUPPORT OF A DATABASE THAT IS STORED ON A SERVER ACCESSIBLE TO LOCAL USERS AND OTHER COMPUTER SUPPORT TYPES.
Works from any Computer that is granted access on the Intranet.
Program is updated by local technicians.
If our customer is using OUR STANDARD STANDALONE PROPRIETARY WEB-APPLIANCE/SERVER CONFIGURATION, IT MUST BE POWERED BY AN UNINTERRUPTIBLE POWER SUPPLY, AND IS COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY AGREED TO AND DOCUMENTED AT TIME OF PURCHASE.
If our customer is using KeyNET on a computer provided by them, all hardware warranties are outside of Spectrum Group agreements and shall be totally maintained by the customer.
Data Transfer Method
Data Transfer Options and how it works
Spectrum Group is proud to offer the following Technical Support Option to our customers who are considering transferring of data from an existing system into any of our SpectrumNET Systems…AttendanceNET, DeveloperNET, KeyNET, WorkNET, etc.
Spectrum Group (SG1) does provide software, software upgrades and support services for current and new users of our computerized software systems in Customer Support Service Contracts. Customers seeking to reduce manual data entry may entertain the use of our Spectrum Group Data Transfer Services. Additionally, Spectrum Group Data Transfer Services develops and creates programming for the periodic import, or export of data, between programs. Data Transfer is tailored to meet the specific needs of your organization, and to ensure stability of our systems.
How The Process Works
At our customers’ request, Spectrum Group will assist our customers in determining what it is they expect to accomplish by importing or exporting data, and create a scope of work based on our “Three Phase Process”. Our customers are NOT obligated or charged for the initial two phases of the Spectrum Group Process when the customer is providing the export of their data. Consulting fees are charged under Phase 1, item 3 situations. Should our customer desire a programming routine to be developed and/or written, the feasibility will be addressed in Phase 2. After determining “exactly” what our customer is seeking to accomplish, Spectrum Group Data Transfer Group will prepare a detailed summary of their analysis. Spectrum Group will prepare and submit a “Cost Proposal” based on the analysis, detailing what will be accomplished by performing the data transfer.
The three phases used by Spectrum Group Data Transfer Services are:
PHASE 1 – DATA EXPORT FITNESS CHECK
PHASE 2 – DATA EVALUATION
PHASE 3 – DATA CONVERSION
PHASE 1 – DATA EXPORT FITNESS CHECK
1. Assess customer data fitness by addressing the following questions:
Does customer system allow for the export of data?
Does the customer plan to perform their own export?
Does customer understand that if they do their own export, they are responsible for the suitability of data
2. If answers to all of the above questions are yes, proceed to PHASE 2.
3. If customer wishes to have us attempt data export, we will send a technician, ON A CONSULTING BASIS, to check their database system in an effort to determine if the data can be properly exported. Customers should consider the following points.
Customer is responsible for maintaining valid backups of their system data, and having such backups available in the event an export procedure causes data damage. Spectrum Group is in NO WAY liable for system or data corruption, and or system failures, including customer and associated hardware
Customer system may have to be taken offline for one or more hours while export ability is determined
Technician will require UNRESTRICTED ACCESS to customer system, including and all control, and/or administrative passwords to system and related equipment.
Investigation will take between 1 and 4 hours, and will be invoiced WHETHER OR NOT it is determined an export is possible
PHASE 2 – DATA EVALUATION
1. Spectrum Group technical center receives ALL data, sent either by customer, or retrieved by Spectrum Group technicians from the system. Both the data itself and the data dictionary/file format layouts are required.
2. Spectrum Group technicians will evaluate the data to determine what information is present, and what information can be transferred to Spectrum Group, and what the end result of that transfer is expected to be.
3. Spectrum Group will provide a summary report to customer outlining above items, and identifying any missing/unavailable/unusable data from our perspective. Spectrum Group will provide customer with a “Cost Proposal” based on the analysis, detailing what will be accomplished by performing the data transfer.
4. Customer will authorize the conversion, or choose to stop at this point.
PHASE 3 – DATA CONVERSION
1. Spectrum Group technicians will modify the data to be formatted as appropriate for Spectrum Group uses. If necessary, files may be split into separate files to fill multiple Spectrum Group tables, or otherwise changed and/or modified by the system to be useful.
2. Spectrum Group technicians will create a new Spectrum Group Data File, and load all useable data into the Data File.
3. Spectrum Group technicians will send data file and time report to Spectrum Group Sales for delivery, licensing and activation.
Programming created by Spectrum Group Data Transfer Services for periodically import, or export data, between ODBC programs are tailored to the specific needs of each organization, to insure stability of our systems. These programs are part of each customer’s “Overlay File” located in Spectrum Group programs.
Custom Import and Export Utilities and Data Sharing
The Spectrum Group will build custom import and export utilities to meet your needs. Each utility is unique and customized to meet the needs of our customer. Transfers are automated. Transfer can be accomplished in a number of ways:
- (Import Utility) A text data file is created of data from the export database (third party) (most formats are acceptable, however files that have one record per line and are tab delimited are preferred, and will save you development costs). That file is either pushed or pulled from a file on the server where the data is being supplied from to a folder on the server where the data is being imported. This is typically performed using ftp or ftps. Our custom utility then takes the transferred files and converts the information into a configuration that the SpectrumNET software will understand and places the incoming data into the SpectrumNET database.
- An Export Utility work similarly, except in reverse.
- Direct Data Utilities allow linking in dissimilar files or programs. In these cases, the is a direct link from the data in one database to the data in the other database. This means that one information in either database is changed, it instantaneously changes the data in the other database. This type of synchronization of data is done over an SSH connection.
Because each of these DATA SHARING utilities are unique, we quote them after determining what it is that the customer will need and analyzing the situation.
Software Development Information
This page contains the Spectrum Group SOFTWARE DEPLOYMENT, USER & SOFTWARE LICENSING, SOFTWARE ACCESS, TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND LIABILITY GUIDELINES.
Clicking on an item listed below will take you directly to the associated section in this document.
E. Data Access
F. Data Backup
SPECIAL NOTE: Customers, subscribers and users of Spectrum Groupsoftware are bound by the Spectrum Group Software and User Licenses. Spectrum Group owns and reserves all rights to the Spectrum GroupKeyNET program. Users DO NOT OWN any portion of the Spectrum Group software/database program or possess any rights to the program, other than the right to use the software, when officially licensed. TheSpectrum Group software contains “Trade Secrets” and “Secrets” specific to the industry and/or Spectrum Group specifically; and individuals mayNOT, or provide for others the ability to, copy, replicate, duplicate, interface, integrate or otherwise produce/create any aspect of theSpectrum Group software without the specific written permission ofSpectrum Group.
Recurring costs and Service Contracts cover the licensing of the software, not the purchase thereof.
Customers, subscribers and users of Spectrum Group software are deemed to be the OWNERS of the database created by any Spectrum Group software.
A. DEPLOYMENT MODELS
1) SG1 Hosted SUBSCRIPTION (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
- Access to the program and clients database resides on our servers. Spectrum Group maintains the program, your database, backups, remote storage and system reliability.
- An individual zone implemented on our central servers for each customer.
- Very low startup costs (Setup and activation).
- Low recurring monthly costs for software use (with maintenance and upgrade expenses folded in)
- Optionally, a VERY INEXPENSIVE, SINGLE-USER deployment for small shops on the internet.
- Intended for all users, but targeted at mass market.
- Intended for wide scalability of pricing and implementation – this mode targets all the existing software that’s out there, and should come in at very low pricing where appropriate!!!
DEDICATED PORTABLE (STAND-ALONE Model)
VIRTUAL PORTABLE (STAND-ALONE Model)
ONSITE WEB-APPLIANCE (SITE-BASED Model physical or virtual)
5) Customer Controlled ONSITE CUSTOMER SERVER (SITE-BASED Physical or Virtual Server) Federally regulated agencies ONLY!
B. LICENSE AGREEMENTS
Spectrum Group Software USER License Agreements are in place and deemed enforceable on all deployment models:
1) SERVER ACCESS
- User may not attempt to log in to server except as prescribed bySpectrum Group.
- User may not attempt to break or bypass server security.
- User may not upgrade, downgrade, or change server configuration or software without being directed to do so by Spectrum Group.
- User must report any security issues to Spectrum Group immediately.
- User is LIABLE for failure to comply with, or for breach of, above items.
If you have logged into any Spectrum Group Software, you have agreed to the End Users License Agreement.
C. SOFTWARE LICENSE
Spectrum Group Software License Agreements are in place and deemed enforceable on all deployment models:
- User is purchasing LICENSE TO USE Spectrum Group software for a specific time from Spectrum Group. This license is not transferable without permission ofSpectrum Group.
- This license may be revoked by Spectrum Group for breach of any items in any agreements.
- The license is issued for a specific term, and is only renewable under an ongoing maintenance agreement with Spectrum Group.
- User may not modify, move, change, copy, alter, sell, print, transmit, or give away by any means any C5I/KeyNET or other Spectrum Group program license.
- User is LIABLE for failure to comply with, or any breach of, above items.
- Spectrum Group is NOT LIABLE for user’s failure to comply with above items, or for damage or failures resulting from any of the above and non-compliance.
D. SOFTWARE ACCESS
Spectrum Group Software License and User License Agreements are in place and deemed enforceable on all deployment models:
- User may not copy Spectrum Group software.
- User may not attempt to decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer Spectrum Group software.
- User may not give away Spectrum Group software.
- User may not sell Spectrum Group software.
- User may not show or demonstrate Spectrum Group software to non-authorized parties, or to anyone not a part of user’s immediate organization, without written permission from Spectrum Group.
- User may not disclose operational techniques of Spectrum Group software, or share or discuss trade secrets embedded within Spectrum Group software, to or with anyone not a part of user’s immediate organization.
- User is LIABLE for failure to comply with, or for breach of, above items.
- Spectrum Group is NOT LIABLE for user’s failure to comply with above items, or for damage or failures resulting from any of the above.
E. DATA ACCESS
- User may not attempt to copy, import, or export data except as allowed by C5I/SpectrumNET program interface.
- User may not attempt to break or bypass database security.
- User may not view, change, or modify database data, except by using theSpectrum Group C5I/SpectrumNET program interface.
- User may not upgrade, downgrade, stop, reload, reinstall, modify or access the database engine, system, server or files used by the engine or by the Spectrum Group C5I/SpectrumNET
- User is LIABLE for failure to comply with, or for breach of, any of the above items.
- Spectrum Group is NOT LIABLE for user’s failure to comply with above items, or for damage or failures resulting from the above.
- Spectrum Group will backup, and maintain backups for SG1 Hosted and Web Appliance deployments as part of the Annual Support Subscription.
- All other deployments models; the user is responsible for ensuring that backups of data are occurring regularly, and that such backups are viable and readable. User must ensure the security, frequency, reliability, safety and integrity of backups.
- Spectrum Group is NOT LIABLE for user’s failure to comply with above items, or for damage or failures resulting non-compliance.
- Spectrum Group offers a fee-based remote backup service for Standalone and Customer Controlled Site-Based deployments, if user desires it.
- FOR SG1 Hosted, Web Appliance Site-Based and both Standalone deployments:
- Spectrum Group provides server maintenance under the terms of its maintenance contract.
- User is responsible for server maintenance.
- User must notify Spectrum Group immediately when a KeyNET-related problem occurs.
- User is LIABLE for failure to comply with, or for breach of, above items.
- Spectrum Group is NOT LIABLE for user’s failure to comply with above items, or for damage or failures resulting from such non-compliance.
H. LIMITS OF LIABILITY
- Spectrum Group makes no warranty about product fitness or operation.
- Spectrum Group is not liable for damages resulting from the use of, abuse of, or failure to correctly use, any aspect of Spectrum Group software.
- Users releases Spectrum Group from all liability, real or otherwise, related to the use of the software, the data, or other aspects of the program.
- KeyNET is provided AS IS for customer use only. No other warranties are expressed or implied, with regard to Spectrum Group products or services.
I. CUSTOMER ISSUES
All customer issues will attempt to be resolved to mutual benefit of the customer and Spectrum Group. Solutions shall not violate the End Users License Agreement, or other guidelines as published.
Customers may choose an insurance option when selecting our Subscription Service. With this option, a customer receives a “Dedicated” server in the Spectrum Group server farm. In the unforeseen circumstance where Spectrum Group goes out of business, or is purchased by another company; a customer may choose to have their server sent to them for installation in their own server farm.
Spectrum Servers have a life of 3 years, and are amortized over 36 months, at which time they are upgraded to the most current server configuration suitable for deployment of Spectrum Group software. Spectrum Group maintains your server in our server farm, performing all backups and maintenance. Contact us at 877-560-2457 firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.
End Users License Agreement (EULA) –
Each time you log into a Spectrum Group software program (KeyNET, WorkNET, ProjectNET, DeveloperNET, AttendanceNET) the program will require a valid User IDand Password. The program records information based on your login. It is both necessary and essential that you use “your individually assigned/personal User ID and Password”. DO NOT save your password in the browser memory…this is a serious breach of security. Additionally, you must accept and agree to the TERMS of the END USERS License Agreement (EULA) to gain access to any Spectrum Group Software package.
Contract and User Information
SUPPLEMENTAL END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT for SG1 Software (KeyNET, WorkNET, ProjectNET, DeveloperNET, AttendanceNET )
IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY – This Supplemental End User License Agreement (“Supplemental EULA”) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Spectrum Group, Inc. (“SG1”) for the SG1 software that accompanies this Supplemental EULA, which includes computer software and may include associated media, printed materials, “online” or electronic documentation, and Internet-based services (the “OS Components”). The OS Components are provided to update, supplement, or replace existing functionality of the applicable SG1 software for which the OS Components are designed (any such software referred to here as “OS Software”). An amendment or addendum to this Supplemental EULA may accompany the OS Components. YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THE APPLICABLE OS SOFTWARE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (“OS SOFTWARE EULA”) AND THIS SUPPLEMENTAL EULA BY INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE OS COMPONENTS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, DO NOT INSTALL, COPY, OR USE THE OS COMPONENTS.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALIDLY-LICENSED COPY OF THE APPLICABLE OS SOFTWARE, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO INSTALL, COPY OR OTHERWISE USE THE OS COMPONENTS AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS UNDER THIS SUPPLEMENTAL EULA.
* Spectrum Group, Inc. grants you a license to use the OS Components under the terms and conditions of the OS Software EULA (which are hereby incorporated by reference except as set forth below), the terms and conditions set forth in this Supplemental EULA, and the terms and conditions of any additional end user license agreement that may accompany the individual OS Components (each an “Individual EULA”), provided that you comply with all such terms and conditions. To the extent that there is a conflict among any of these terms and conditions applicable to the OS Components, the following hierarchy shall apply: 1) the terms and conditions of the Individual EULA; 2) the terms and conditions in this Supplemental EULA; and 3) the terms and conditions of the applicable OS Software EULA.
* The OS Components are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. SG1 or its suppliers own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the OS Components. SG1 reserves all rights not expressly granted to you in this Supplemental EULA. The OS Components are licensed, not sold.
* Capitalized terms used in this Supplemental EULA and not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings assigned to them in the applicable OS Software EULA.
Additional Rights and Limitations.
* You may install and use one copy of the OS Components on each of your computers that is running a validly licensed copy of the applicable OS Software, provided that you use each such additional copy of the OS Components in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Supplemental EULA.
* Solely for the purpose of preventing unlicensed use of the applicable OS Software, the OS Components may install on your computer technological measures that are designed to prevent unlicensed use, and SG1 may use this technology to confirm that you have a licensed copy of the OS Software. The update of these technological measures only occurs through the installation of these OS Components. The OS Components will not install on unlicensed copies of the OS Software. If you are not using a licensed copy of the OS Software, you are not allowed to install the OS Components or future OS Software updates. SG1 will not collect any personally identifiable information from your computer during this process.
* The OS Components may include the SG1 Framework. You may not disclose the results of any benchmark test of the .NET Framework to any third party without SG1’s prior written approval.
* Content providers are using the digital rights management technology contained in the OS Components (“DRM”) to protect the integrity of their content (“Secure Content”) so that their intellectual property, including copyright, in such content is not misappropriated. Portions of the OS Components and third party applications such as other ODBC databases (“DRM Software”). If the DRM Software’s security has been compromised, owners of Secure Content (“Secure Content Owners”) may request that SG1 revoke the DRM Software’s right to display and/or use the Secure Content. Revocation does not alter the DRM Software’s ability to use unprotected content. SG1 will not retrieve any personally identifiable information, or any other information, from your computer. Secure Content Owners may also require you to upgrade some of the DRM components in the OS Components (“DRM Upgrades”) before accessing their content. When you attempt to use such content, ESP DRM Software will notify you that a DRM Upgrade is required and then ask for your consent before the DRM Upgrade is downloaded. Third party DRM Software may do the same. If you decline the upgrade, you will not be able to access content that requires the DRM Upgrade; however, you will still be able to access unprotected content and Secure Content that does not require the upgrade.
* You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the OS Components, including any codecs or protocols associated with the OS Components, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
* Solely with respect to the OS Components, if the licensor of the applicable OS Software was an entity other than SG1, then for the purposes of this Supplemental EULA SG1 is the licensor with respect to such OS Components in lieu of the “Manufacturer” or other entity. Manufacturer or such other entity has no obligation under this Supplemental EULA to provide support for such OS Components. With respect to the existing functionality contained in the applicable OS Software that is not updated, supplemented, or replaced by the OS Components, the OS Software EULA provided by the Manufacturer or other licensing entity shall remain in full force and effect as to that OS Software.
IF THE APPLICABLE OS SOFTWARE WAS LICENSED TO YOU BY SG1 OR ANY OF ITS WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARIES, THE LIMITED WARRANTY (IF ANY) INCLUDED IN THE APPLICABLE OS SOFTWARE EULA APPLIES TO THE OS COMPONENTS, PROVIDED THAT THE OS COMPONENTS HAVE BEEN LICENSED BY YOU WITHIN THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY IN THE APPLICABLE OS SOFTWARE EULA. HOWEVER, THIS SUPPLEMENTAL EULA DOES NOT EXTEND THE TIME PERIOD FOR WHICH THE LIMITED WARRANTY IS PROVIDED.
IF THE APPLICABLE OS SOFTWARE WAS LICENSED TO YOU BY AN ENTITY OTHER THAN ESP OR ANY OF ITS WHOLLY OWNED SUBSIDIARIES, SG1 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE OS COMPONENTS AS FOLLOWS:
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SG1 AND ITS SUPPLIERS PROVIDE TO YOU THE OS COMPONENTS, AND SUPPORT SERVICES (IF ANY) AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS; AND ESP AND ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY (IF ANY) IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF RELIABILITY OR AVAILABILITY, OF ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF RESPONSES, OF RESULTS, OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, OF LACK OF VIRUSES, AND OF LACK OF NEGLIGENCE, ALL WITH REGARD TO THE OS COMPONENTS, AND THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT OR OTHER SERVICES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, AND RELATED CONTENT THROUGH THE OS COMPONENTS OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE OS COMPONENTS. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET POSSESSION, CORRESPONDENCE TO DESCRIPTION OR NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH REGARD TO THE OS COMPONENTS.
EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ESP OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, NEGLIGENCE, AND ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE OS COMPONENTS, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT OR OTHER SERVICES, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, AND RELATED CONTENT THROUGH THE OS COMPONENTS OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE OS COMPONENTS, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS SUPPLEMENTAL EULA, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF THE FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), MISREPRESENTATION, STRICT OR PRODUCT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OF ESP OR ANY SUPPLIER, AND EVEN IF ESP OR ANY SUPPLIER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND REMEDIES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU MIGHT INCUR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DAMAGES REFERENCED ABOVE AND ALL DIRECT OR GENERAL DAMAGES IN CONTRACT OR ANYTHING ELSE), THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF ESP AND ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS SUPPLEMENTAL EULA AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ALL OF THE FOREGOING SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF THE ACTUAL DAMAGES YOU INCUR IN REASONABLE RELIANCE ON THE SOFTWARE UP TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE OS COMPONENTS OR U.S.$5.00. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
The Spectrum Group Approach to Advanced Service and Disaster Tolerance FOR SUBSCRIPTIONUsers.
The Spectrum Group has taken an approach to disaster tolerance that balances availability, affordability and data integrity. By periodically reviewing its disaster recovery plans, and regular testing and updating its systems, Spectrum Group has made certain that it always has an appropriate level of protection and service.
Now, as its plans to expand the products and operations of its business, Spectrum Group has evolved its systems to deliver increased levels of failover and redundancy, with significantly reduced complexity.
Business and Technology Overview
Spectrum Group Profile
The Spectrum Group, Inc. (SG1), was created from the merging of two companies; RCF Security Specialists (established in 1976) and SoCal Security Supply (established in 1980). Spectrum Group offers high-end solutions in a fast growing, technology-driven economy.
Spectrum Group specializes in PRODUCTS and SERVICES for the Commercial, Industrial, and Educational, Governmental and Public Service sectors. In recent years, facilities of these types have been stressing responsibility and accountability of informational data.
To meet the needs of these facilities, the Spectrum Group has responded with a number of technological improvements, putting itself ahead of other solution based companies. In 2001, the Spectrum Group announced the development of NEW software programs designed to meet the needs of the above named business sectors.
The NEW Spectrum Group software family is called NETSystems, and contains a number of modular software packages starting with KeyNET Advanced Key Management Software. The NETSystems software enables members to conduct critical operations over their INTRANET or the INTERNET. The new technologies being used will allow customers to increase performance, reduce redundant data storage and conflicts, reduce volatility, and reduce the costs associated with client based software systems.
NETSystems is designed to share information and collect information from other software packages, to create a single point of operation capability. Controlled by a UNIQUE Systems Manager module, facilities can allow or deny access to all aspects of the associated software programs and informational data.
Spectrum Group has made all of this available by Subscription. The Spectrum Group Subscription Deployment method eliminates the need for customers to maintain servers, data backups or remote data storage. The NETSystems software is also available in two SITE-BASED deployments.
Spectrum Group uses high-end servers designed to maximize performance and reliability. These servers are maintained and monitored by the Spectrum Group IT staff, under the supervision of the Senior Vice President of Systems. These servers are periodically, upgraded and replaced to keep up with developing technology and demanding needs of our customers.
Spectrum Group programs are currently designed to run on the SuSE Linux 9.0 platform with an Apache Web interface. The software is developed in C5i for use by any Browser. Databases are inherently secure because that are imbedded in the C5i program, which is designed only to be accessed via the program with USER ID and PASSWORD verification.
The Spectrum Group servers are connected via LAN using TCP/IP. Communications with customers occurs over the Internet.
The Spectrum Group uses SuSE Linux running an Apache Web configuration to communicate with the members over the TCP/IP connection through their browser. It accepts information from users who have been verified by USER ID and PASSWORD.
NETSystems uses Hot Swap Hard drives and Tape Backups to maintain redundant backups at each of the Spectrum Group server locations.
Business Continuity Approach
Existing Business Continuity Plan
The Spectrum Group business continuity plan addresses both local server failure as well as more extensive disasters. If our Silicon Valley site experiences a system failure, there would be a pause in operation, but no significant effect on our customers access to there data.
Through a carefully tested process, the Spectrum Group IT will be notified of the automated switch over to its co-located backup system. To quickly restore operations, the backup systems recreate the operations by reading the log files that were stored to disk on the backup platform. The entire Recovery Time Objective (RTO) is up to ten minutes, down from the recent standard of 20 minutes.
In the event of failure of the entire Silicon Valley computer room or building, recovery would take longer, anywhere fro 10-30 minutes (our current Recovery Point Objective (RPO)), due to the changing of the Recovery Point. To address this level of disaster the Spectrum Group maintains cold standby backup servers, storage and networking equipment in Arizona and Texas. In this case, the customer connections to our servers in our Silicon Valley facility would be rerouted to the 1st Backup Site located in Arizona. In the event of dual failure, the connections would be rerouted to the 2ndBackup Site located in Texas. The equipment at the backup sites is also used for testing or software upgrades and quality assurance.
Evolving the Disaster Recovery Plan: The Spectrum Group vision.
Spectrum Group is continually evaluating and testing its disaster recovery capabilities to meet changing needs. For example, Spectrum Group anticipates designing an automatic failover system which could reduce the switch over time to less than half of the current RPO.
Over the past five years, the Spectrum Group has evolved its systems with the goal of achieving increasingly high levels of availability for its customers. Providing our customers with fast and secure access to their data is one of Spectrum Groups primary objectives.